The city is located 30km north of Lyon and 40 km from Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport. The city has several means of access detailed below.
- from airport : take the shuttle to Lyon Part-Dieu station (27€ the return trip), duration 30 mn.
- from Lyon : take the train from Lyon Part-Dieu station or Lyon Perrache station (16€ the return trip), duration from 20 to 30 mn.
- from Paris : TGV from Gare de Lyon station or Charles de Gaulle station to Macon Loché TGV and shuttle to Villefranche-Sur-Saône.
1h with public transport from airport. We are studying the possibility of proposing a collective bus return to the airport at the end of the tournament, for a fee that will not require an excessive financial supplement to each player.
200 hotel rooms are available in the city center as well as 200 other rooms in the suburbs (less than 2 km from the city center). About twenty Air BnB accommodations are also available.
Best Western Plus Hôtel Plaisance ****
63 rooms + 5 suites
- 75 € per room per night for 1 or 2 people, 9 € buffet breakfast per person, 0,80 € city tax per person per night
- Booking code : MAHJONG PLAISANCE
- email@example.com / tel : +33 4 74 65 33 52 / 96 avenue de la Liberation, 69400 Villefranche-sur-saône, France
Mercure Ici & La ****
- 89€ per room per night for 1 or 2 people, 18€ buffet breakfast per person, 1€ city tax per person per night
- Booking form to download here
and send completed and signed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel : +33 4 37 55 09 09 / 384 boulevard Louis Blanc, 69400 Villefranche-sur-Saône
- 55€ per room per night for 1 or 2 people without breakfast, 0,80€ city tax per person per night
- Booking code : Championnat du monde de Mahjong
- email@example.com / tel : +33 4 74 62 01 04 / 146 rue de le sous Préfecture, 69400 Villefranche-sur-saône, France
The Liberty's **
For players transported (or ready to take a taxi), there are many hotels on the outskirts of Villefranche, such as Ibis, Balladins or Campanile. These hotels are located between 1.5 and 3 km from the tournament hall.
Outside the city
Thanks to the proximity of the train station, participants will find accommodation in Mâcon or Lyon.
Pictures : Beaujolais landscape / railway station of Villefranche-sur-Saône